Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Someone stole my Christmas tree!


I shit you not. I undecorated last night and dragged my dry, brittle Christmas tree outside. It sprayed pine needles everywhere - on the tables, all over the floor, down my shirt, up my nose, in my mouth...ugh. It sucked. I figured I'd leave it out on the patio and cut it up today after work - I had every intention of making it suffer, too.

So imagine my surprise when I got home and the tree was GONE. All that was left were some pine needles, but considering how windy it had been all day, not even many of those were around.

Now, I'm not saying I believed I lived in the world's safest neighborhood, but come on. Are times so tough that people will steal a dead Christmas tree after Christmas? I just cannot wrap my head around this. I know the garbage dudes didn't pick it up, for several reasons: 1. They barely show up to get the trash as it is, 2. I didn't tip them this year, and 3. Garbage pick up isn't until tomorrow.

Which brings us back to ghetto thieves. I've made some calls and as of right now, no one knows where it...

**NEWSFLASH!!**STOP THE PRESSES!!** The tree has been found!!!

The neighbor's boyfriend just swung by about 15 minutes ago. Apparently, my tree wasn't stolen; the sneaky bastard rolled down the hill. The 40 mile an hour winds surely had something to do with it. Thank God for nosy neighbors. Needless to say, I just got back from dragging the son of a bitch back up the hill. In my pajamas. And a ski jacket. In sandals. Bite me.

If I had the storage, I would totally get a fake tree for next year, especially now that they're all on sale. But I have no place to put it during the off season. Looks like I'll just have to buy a bigger house in 2010 to accomodate said tree. That makes perfect fiscal sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment