Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quidnunc


Happiness is a state of mind. Stupidity is a whole other animal.

I was at the mall the other day and overheard a mother (trashy) calling for her child. It went something like this: "Cameron, get over here! Come HERE! COME HINDER!"

It made me laugh, but it also made me sad. Not only is that woman a moron, but she has at least one child (whom she has legal custody of) who is learning how to be a moron, too. And I have to admit, now that it's tax season, I'm somewhat pissed off that my hard-earned money is going to pay for HER to watch Jerry Springer tomorrow.

But it could always be worse. I mean, I can't stand it when I am dealing with a moron who acts like I'M the idiot. Trust me, I don't need outside help to be stupid; I do that very well on my own...like the time I went to lunch with my parents and ordered Pasta Fagioli -- but pronounced it "Pasta Fa-joe-lee." Or the time I shoved my finger up the family dog's ass; not my smartest move, but it definitely gave new meaning to the phrase, "Man's best friend." In hindsight, it's hard to believe I had my finger up an ass before my first kiss. But I digress...

I would like to think many of you read (and hopefully enjoy) this blog because you can relate. So here is my offer to YOU: I am looking for guest bloggers, people to write about anything they want. I would like to know what YOU are thinking for a change. In fact, I've given a little headstart to the cause with the letter I posted. Men, women, children, centaurs...Drop me a comment. If I get even one interested party, I will post my email and we'll get this party started.

Quidnunc: Look it up.

P.S. It's harder than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment